Welcome to Chehalem Online Learning Alliance
A Tuition-free Public Virtual School
If a traditional classroom isn’t best for your child, Newberg Public Schools has an alternative: Chehalem Online Learning Alliance (COLA). COLA, a new virtual school program for grades K–8, offers a flexible program custom tailored to your child. Your child will learn at his/her own pace, using a curriculum from the world-renowned Calvert School. COLA is open to students in Clackamas, Yamhill, Washington, and Marion counties.
COLA can help you give your child a great education:
- Flexible program personalized to your child
- Self-paced curriculum moves at your child’s speed
- Outstanding support from Lead Advisory Teacher, Sue Henry, and other Newberg teachers, as well as experienced teachers from Calvert
- Well-rounded, classic education that uses a blend of print and online material
- Step-by-step lesson plans: the planning is done for you
- Access to Newberg Schools events and activities
Why we chose Calvert School’s Curriculum
The quality of Calvert’s curriculum has been proven by students in all 50 states and over 60 countries. This accredited curriculum provides an education that will challenge your child and prepare him/her for future success. Students in public, private, virtual, charter and international schools, as well as students learning independently at home, have used the Calvert curriculum for over a century. We carefully evaluated all of the curriculum partners for COLA, and are confident that you and your student will be pleased with Calvert.